2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Claudia Le Gros at our address: 22 Windsor Place, Cardiff, CF10 3BY.
3. By using the Website, you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose under registration number ZA265760.
Data we collect
4. We will collect personal data on the Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user through the completion of the Residential Sale Quote Request Form or the Residential Purchase Quote Request Form, such personal data therefore having been provided by you with your consent.
5. Any other personal data we collect will be as a result of our direct interaction with you through mediums including, but not limited to, telephone calls, emails and letters, such personal data therefore having been provided by you with your consent.
Use of your personal data
6. The personal data that we collect and store relating to you is used to enable us to provide our services to you and to meet our contractual commitments to you. This could be the performance of a contract, the provision of a quote or something else you have asked us to do before entering into a contract.
7. We may process your personal data to comply with a common law or statutory obligation.
8. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR. We will hold your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. In some instances, the law, The Solicitors Regulation Authority and/or The Law Society set the length of time information must be kept, but in most cases, we will use our discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements, i.e. for providing a service to you and to meet our contractual commitments to you. Your personal data will be disposed of in a secure manner when it is no longer needed.
Disclosure of your personal data
9. We may disclose your personal data to regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection.
10. We may provide some or all of your personal data to selected third parties (service providers) whose products and/or services may be required to enable us to provide our services to you and to meet our contractual commitments to you.
11. We will not provide your personal data to selected third parties for the purposes of contacting you about their goods or services.
12. We do not collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Controlling the use of your personal data
13. If you do not want us to use your personal data for our or third parties’ use (other than as necessary to provide our services to you and to meet our contractual commitments to you), you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your personal data to us on the Residential Sale Quote Request Form or the Residential Purchase Quote Request Form on which we collect your personal data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email at email@example.com at any time.
14. If you have given us consent to use your personal data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your personal data or want to vary the consent that you have provided, you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
15. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
Where we store and transfer your personal data
16. As part of the services offered to you, for example through the Website, the personal data you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the Website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in “the Cloud”. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, or who work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
19. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the Website.
20. The transmission of information via the internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data while you are transmitting it to the Website or our systems and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party links
21. You may find links to third party websites on the Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
23. Under certain circumstances, the DPA and GDPR give you rights in relation to your personal data. These include:
* the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
* the right of access to your personal data;
* the right to rectification of any of your personal data;
* the right to erasure of any or all of your personal data;
* the right to restrict processing of your personal data;
* the right to data portability;
* the right to object and/or withdraw consent to the processing or use of your personal data.
You can see more about these rights at:
24. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold.
25. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data, or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
26. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than one month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
27. You have the right to complain to the UK supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner's Office, by visiting https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/.
Changes to this policy
28. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the Website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data. We will notify you of any changes where we are required by law to do so.
Last updated: 19 November 2018